Let's jump on my time-machine to go back to Renaissance and meet Michelangelo, working at the Sistine chapel. I am the co-author of an illustrated book about his frescoes that will be part of the experience, in order to focus on the "human" side of an artist who became a legend, and the technical difficulties he had to face. Of course, all questions are welcome, there will be space for interaction.
- Learn about the historical context, the challenges and the opportunities that brought Michelangelo to paint his masterpiece;
- discover the specific steps to make a fresco painting;
- the inspiration from Greek and Roman Art;
- iconography in the Sistine Chapel: the Genesis and the Apocalypse;
- Michelangelo's new conception of space and time in Art;
- the rediscovery of Michelangelo's colors, thanks to the recent restauration.